Thursday, January 14, 2010

Loyalties?


I attended a lot of schools, which makes rooting for various teams more a question of labor than heart.  At the moment, UVa is the one making me most proud.  I never actually was a student there, other than a couple of summer school classes, but they have always been my home team as I was born and raised in Charlottesville, my father was a professor at UVa, and both of my brothers went there.  I went to basketball camp there, and was a ballboy during the Sampson era. They have a 2-0 start in the ACC after a good win last night over 18th ranked Georgia Tech. Will the good times last? Probably not, but at least it should be more fun, now that they have gotten rid of huge curmudgeon Dave Leitao,
 (who happened to drag down another of my schools, DePaul).  

No comments:

Post a Comment