Monday, September 28, 2009

mouthful of ???

Maybe Bike Snob is more powerful than I thought.  The mere mention of disagreement over the importance of fenders and what happens, torrential downpour.  Not that I believe fenders would have helped me at all, I was fucked, the victim of terrible timing.  So I tried to be zen and go with it, which failed quickly, so I resorted to screaming obscenities at the top of my lungs, which got me through about 5 miles or so.  I was doing alright until, in another moment of poor timing, a car passed going the opposite direction and splashed an amazing amount of water all over my front, and, much to my horror, revealed to me that I ride with my mouth open.  That's right, and the swallow reflex kicked in.  Arguably still better than the subway.

No comments:

Post a Comment